This is a simple $2 DIY kids sprinkler made out of a pool noodle. It’s better than any of the ones we have purchased, and took less than 5 minutes to make. Perfect summer fun on hot days for kids of all ages!
- 1 pool noodle ($1.00 from Walmart)
- 1 sponge (Pack of 6 for $1.00)
- 1 sharp nail
- Place the pool noodle on the ground in front of you. Take a nail and poke holes into the pool noodle across the top. Make sure your holes go into the hollow in the centre of the noodle, but not through the entire noodle.
- Cut sponge in half, and insert half the sponge into one end of the hollow pool noodle.
- Wrap a string around the end of the pool noodle with the sponge inserted and very tightly. This will ensure no water spills out of this end.
- Insert a garden hose in the opposite end of the pool noodle and turn the water on to observe your brand new kids sprinkler!
# of People: 1 adult
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time: 5-10 minutes