We made colourful, wood mushrooms to place in our garden! It’s a great project for a rainy summer day, and they create a magical feel to your garden. We places ours around the flower garden and near our fairy garden.
- Wooden bowels in a variety of shapes and sizes
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
- Sand Paper or sanding blocks
- Place your wooden bowls on a flat surface. We scored our wooden bowls from Value Village!
- Place bowls upside down on table and sand them to create a rough surface and remove any sort of shine.
- Flip bowls upside down and paint the bottom sides a bright colour with acrylic paint. We painted two coats on each bowl.
- Allow acrylic pain to dry overnight.
- Paint round spots on mushroom caps with contrasting colours.
- Allow spots to dry
- Apply a clear coat to the caps with at least 2 coats of the Mod Podge clear acrylic sealer. This will help to protect them from the elements and ensure they last in your garden.
# of people: group
Time: 4h + drying time