Have fun with a bag of apples creating STEM boats that float, kids can get creative decorating the sails of their ships!
- An Apple
- A knife
- A Cutting board
- Wooden toothpicks
- Coloured foam pieces
- A bucket or bowl
- Cut your desired apple into quarters.
- Stick a toothpick in the centre of your apple slice.
- Cut your coloured foam piece into a triangular shape for the sail of your boat.
- Place your triangular coloured foam piece through the toothpick to attach your sail.
- Place your apple slides in a large bowl or bucked full of water.
- Observe if the sailboats sink, float, or tip over!
You can purchase child friendly knives that we have (Insert name brand here). That way, your child can also help in the cutting of the apples.
# of People: 1 Adult, Groups
Difficulty Level: Simple
Time: 10 minutes